Saturday, April 2, 2011

Writing Out The Word: Presbyterian Pens Handwritten Bible

Writing Out The Word: Presbyterian Pens Handwritten Bible

This is a very interesting article. I am hoping to create my own handwritten bible starting this year. A few of my ideas regarding execution, etc.

 1. Have people I love or that have contributed in some sort to my biblical experience write their favorite parts of the bible.
2. Divide the books up among smaller journals. For a few reasons - The huge content that must be transcribed, the possibility of having different parts being worked on simultaneously to lessen time in production, increase portability of the bible, Allow for notes or drawings from scribes.
3. I envision this as each scribe taking on their task of re-writing the bible and creating a beautiful piece of writing for not only their own, different connection with God but as a different connection with me.
 4. Embrace errors or mistakes. We are human. I read numerous articles, blogs, etc that had people write on individual pieces of paper and if there were errors they started over. God loves our errors. It's not the error but the journey.
5. I need to/want to find leather bound journals for this task. Do I want lined or unlined? Unlined would allow for drawings, etc. but the writing may be more challenging without lines to follow.

I am sure I will have more thoughts, ideas and challenges as I continue down my path of creating a handwritten bible and if anyone else has ideas or thoughts please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment