Thursday, March 24, 2011

Done with the Deut!!!

I thought the day would never come when I was done with the Deut.
Today is that day.
Numbers and Deut. have been tedious for me. I wasn't sure why until I was looking at my handly little bible overview and it said under the descriptions of each one key word...review...that's the problem. I think since I've been reading the bible and truly studying it the review of what I have already studied is tedious. I have a hard time with repetition especially if I have already read it and studied it with great attention. Considering I read most passages several times in multiple different translations/versions reviewing the same thing I have already covered once is challenging.
Well I have discovered a few oddities and new items in Deut.

Deut. 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin."
This is reassuring however I think this only applies to people punishing people. Especially since God mentioned in Exodus that he would show love to those that showed love to him and followed his commandments for a thousand generations to come.

Deut 24:5 I found humerous and pointed it out to my husband it reads "When a man has taken a new wife, he shall not go to war or be charged with any business; he shall be free at home one year, and bring happiness to his wife whom he has taken." My husband replied "Look how lucky you are you've been happy for 9 years!"

I have finished the Deut!! WAHOO!! Now off to Joshua...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment