Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lead me not into temptation....

Lead me not into temptation....I can find it easily enough on my own.
what is temptation for you? For me...it's a bookstore. My local borders store is closing (tears) and it's now 40-50% off everything in the store. With an additional 10% off for borders rewards members (of course I'm one!)
So....my husbands request for me to not buy anymore bibles....well....it didn't happen. I can't help it.

Hello My name is kelly and I'm an addict.

It was 50% off!! How do you pass that up?

So I got the NIV version of the Women of Faith Study Bible. It's pretty. It's the only girlie bible I have aside from my pink first communion bible that is a NCV (new crazy version)and I don't like it at all!




This bible has nice little quotes from various women authors throughout the years. It's just kinda pretty it doesn't look like this picture because my bible is purple leather. Odd for me...I'm not a purple kind of girl.

I also discovered a really cool app for my iPhone too. The YouVersion of the bible. It has tons of different reading plans for the bible and many different translations you can choose from to read. You can post your favorite versus directly to your facebook or twitter accounts....Best Part??? It's FREE!! It was quite handy to be able to read the bible while I was waiting at the doctors office today!

So technically...I've really fallen off the no more bibles wagon...I now have a new womens bible and a new bible app on my phone.

Recognition is the key to recovery right?

No comments:

Post a Comment