Saturday, March 5, 2011

Numbers through chapter 21



I am truly amazed at the Isrealites. My frustration with them grows with each chapter. They have these truly amazing acts occurring before their eyes and the next day they complain that Moses is killing everyone.
Everyone warned me that I would tire of the laws of Leviticus and it would test my perseverance but Numbers is testing it far more. I find myself rolling my eyes (it's uncontrollable for me) with each new complaint from the Isrealites.
Numbers 19 discusses in more detail clean and unclean. I love these laws of cleanliness. I appreciate them. However, dead bodies making people unclean. Well, I can see this. If one dies from a plague or disease it aids in sanitation to encourage a little quarantine for those that touched the body. I appreciate the washing however 3 days after touching the body seems like a while to wait.

I prefer to wash that night when I get home from work after some of the dead bodies I touch. While I have never realized I was "unclean" for the next 7 days I will admit it probably takes me about 7 days to stop thinking about it. In nursing a prehospital work dead bodies are a guarantee. I've seen alot of them. They occasionally bother me. Some more than others. The very few scary movies I have seen have stuck with me. So, it takes me about 7 days or so for the random flashes from the latest dead body to stop popping in my head. Does this happen to every nurse or paramedic? I don't know but it happens to me. I can't guarantee that it's 7 days....I said about. The bad one's stay there a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment