Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exodus through Chapter 19

I apologize for the slight delay in my posting. I am a part time college student and I had to spend the past two days doing not so fun research on bioethics and nursing history...blah!
But, I'm done for today. I can't take anymore. I attempted to work on a worksheet and I have a test Friday on APA style of writing but I just can't go there right now. I really dislike that and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Luckily, the test is open book.
Anyway, on to fun stuff....Exodus!
Moses has lead the Israelites out of Egypt, through the red sea and now into the desert. The Isrealites sang the praises of God after the Red Sea engulfed the Pharaoh's army. That was quite short lived however, They traveled into the desert and on the third day they were after Moses to provide water and food for them. He spoke to God and water was provided then Manna and Quail were provided. The Manna when it was described reminded me of the bread at church. The little round pieces of whatever those are. Exodus 16:14 "When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor."
Naturally the Isrealites did not listen to Moses and took more than they were supposed to of the bread and it turned into maggots. Then there is another great line. Exodus 16:32 "This is what the Lord has commanded:Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the desert when I brought you out of Egypt."
Again in the very next paragraph the Isrealites are after Moses for God not providing water. It seems their faith is very weak considering all the signs God has given them. They still feel certain that the shall never want again and that he should provide for them without their asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment