Thursday, February 3, 2011

mystery gift

Today while at work I received a mystery gift. Wrapped in brown paper with a beautiful green and brown ribbon. It was a gift of the Archaeological Bible that I wanted. It came without a note or any message. Just the beautiful bible in beautiful wrapping. I have no idea who this is from but I'm thrilled. What I love about this bible is the pages that say "The Reliability of the Bible" and it has archaeological facts and pictures. It's beautiful. It reminds me of my Chronological bible but with more of the scientific and archaeological detail.
I'm thrilled. So whomever my gift was from...Thank You. I love love love it!
Off to read Exodus.

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful that someone thought so well of you to gift you that Bible. Your quest is amazing. And you will find what ou are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good Bible! I own the same one. If you go back to the beginning of Exodus, it gives you some really interesting background on why Pharaoh would have feared an Israeli uprising (article on the Hyksos). I continue to enjoy comparing notes with you.

    By the way, the Tabernacle Blueprints are coming up soon. If you need something with detailed pictures to help you out -because the details themselves are full of meaning, but incredibly dry- I've got just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much StuntMonk. I'm really enjoying this bible! So much great information. I'll be anxious to see the other resources out there for studying the bible and the Tabernacle Blueprints. I have no idea what those are but they sound cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here you go! http://www.esvstudybible.org/sb/objects/illustration-tabernacle.html

    ReplyDelete