Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15

Day 15 in my reading and it's the day my family is celebrating Christmas. Very late, Yes I know but we all have wacky schedules. It was a wonderful day filled with lots of laughter and my mother's amazing food.
Today's reading was about Joseph. He is imprisioned and then begins interpreting dreams for others. This is no problem to me except Genesis 40:8 where Jospeh states "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell them to me please." I'm a little confused why he at first says they belong to God but asks to be told the dream and provides an interpretation of it. Although it is a correct interpretation I read this part as only God interprets dreams so laypeople shouldn't therefore it seems Joseph is comparing himself or referring to himself as God.
Apparently this is not the right perception of this passage as Joseph is treated favorably in God's eyes. He later becomes the "right hand man" to the pharaoh. In my Chronological Bible it discusses how the seven year famine has been found on Egyptian writings and text.

1 comment:

  1. As you read Job you will see that there are a few main people, Satan is a big part of this story because he is a big part of the world and therefore a big part of our story every day. Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete