Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Job up to 30

FINALLY Job's tolerance is becoming less and less with his 3 friends. Their accusations of him being deserving of this wrath of God has finally met the end of Job's amazing patience. He says in 16:2 "Misearble comforters are you all! Shall words of wind have an end?" I love it! I'd love to tell that to some people! "Shall words of wind have an end." Sounds so great! So polite yet so direct. OK I know this was in the reading from a few days ago but I still like it!

I also enjoyed Job 28:23 "God understands its way,And He knows its place. For He looks to the ends of the earth"
This is just a nice reminder that despite all the horrible things that have happened to Job he knows he is not meant to understand everything God does. It is hard at times for me to be ok with not understanding why things happen. A quest for knowledge and being in school for way to long in my life has caused me to feel that there should be reason and explainations for everything. According to Job and well the entire bible probably, this is not the case. You will not understand why things happen. That is for God to know and understand. This will be and has been a hard concept for me to grasp and accept.

This is a good one to end on I think.

Job 29:2 "As in the days when God watched over me; When His lamp shone upon my head, And when by His light I walked through darkness"

1 comment:

  1. I love it in chapter 33 when God speaks to Job and answers his questions with questions. That is what I remember when life is not fair or I feel I am being picked on. Enjoy His answer.

    ReplyDelete